Campus will resume normal operations at noon Sunday
The Furman University campus will resume normal operations at noon Sunday, Jan. 24. The Maxwell Music Library and Sanders Science Library will be closed on Sunday. See below for newest updates regarding the university’s operating schedule.
*** New weather update, posted Saturday, Jan. 23, 12:55 p.m. The James B. Duke Library will open at noon on Sunday, Jan. 24 and remain open until 1 a.m.
*** New weather update, posted Saturday, Jan. 23, 11:15 p.m. The men’s basketball game between Furman and Wofford will take place as scheduled at 4 p.m. Saturday in Timmons Arena. Because of poor travel conditions both on and off campus, Furman officials strongly discourage the public from attending. Students attending the game should be extremely cautious when moving about campus. The rest of the Furman campus remains closed to the public on Saturday.
*** New weather update, posted Friday, Jan. 22, 8:40 p.m. A decision about the Wofford-Furman men’s basketball game, which is scheduled to take place in Timmons Arena at 4 p.m., will be made by 10 a.m. Saturday.
*** New weather update, posted Friday, Jan. 22, 3:15 p.m. — The Furman golf course, golf shop and Traditions Grill will be closed Saturday, Jan. 23. The Golf Club will evaluate its hours of operation for Sunday at 3 p.m. Saturday.
*** New weather update, posted Friday, Jan. 22, 2:30 p.m. — The MLK Worship service scheduled in the Chapel on Sunday, Jan. 24 at 5 p.m. has been cancelled and rescheduled for the following Sunday, Jan. 31 at 5 p.m.
- Trone Student Center – open 8:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Physical Activities Center (PAC) – open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Student Health Service is closed. For emergencies contact University Police
- RA Offices – South Housing, Lakeside Housing and North Village – open 9 a.m. – midnight
- On-Call Staff will be available via phone through University Police
- Barnes & Noble closed
- P2X closed
- Dining Services will follow this schedule:
Dining Hall — 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Pala Den — CLOSED
Einstein’s – CLOSED
Paddock – CLOSED
- Melvin & Dollie Younts Conference Center – all events will be rescheduled.
- McAlister Auditorium – internal and external events will be rescheduled or cancelled.
- Golf Course closed.
- Child Development Center (CDC) is closed, follows Greenville County Public School closing schedule.
JAMES B. DUKE LIBRARY — closed